COOK LIKE A SEASONED FRENCH CHEF AND IMPRESS YOUR GUESTS!
Chef JP Challet is sharing his recipe for this show-stopping spring appetizer. We’re pretty sure this will win over any seafood lover and wow your guests at your next dinner party. Should you rather be doing the eating… this dish is available at our restaurant from now through to the end of spring.
SALMON MACARON WITH SNOW CRAB
|100g||snow crab meat|
|1 tbsp||finely chopped pickled ginger|
|1/2 tsp||espelette pepper|
|100g||fresh whipped cream|
- Using a Flexipan small half sphere shape mold, line 8 cups with gravlax, leaving extra around the edge for folding over.
- Mix snow crab meat with shallot, pickled ginger and 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- Fill up each gravlax lined cup with snow crab mixture. Close each cup by folding over the gravlax, creating a flat top.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining mayonnaise with espelette and harissa. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix wasabi with whipped cream. Set aside.
- Take gravlax hemispheres out of the mold. Put wasabi cream on the flat side of each gravlax “macaron half”. Assemble each macaron by putting two halves together on the flat side.
- Brush espelette mayo on each plate, arrange macarons and garnish with seedlings.
Wondering about that lovely tuille in the center of the macaron? Here’s how it’s made. Cut circles from wonton wrappers with a cookie cutter. Press in a pizelle iron. Et voilà, garnish à la JP Challet.